Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Tag challenges with a rose

I've been wanting to take part in these fun tag design challenges for ages so seeing as my tags have been out on the desk I thought I'd give them a go.


The background was made by cleaning my brayer of paint whilst making some Gelli prints recently, simple as that, just rolled it over the tag and that was it.  Then i repeat stamped a rose on to it using a small stamp that came with February's issue of Craft Stamper magazine, then used a couple of magazine cut outs of a red rose and a sign saying 'be still my beating heart'.  I liked the result but felt it needed more to make it pop so i drew round the rose and petals with my gelli roll pen in fluorescent pink and highlighted the saying and the stamped roses so that it gave them almost a 3D quality.  The image does not show how bright the pink pen is sadly. Oh, and added a small piece of ribbon to tie in the green and pink of the design.

So i would like to enter this tag into Tag Along 25 Roses are red challenge and also to Craft Stamper magazine Take it, Make it challenge 7 using repeated stamping.

Gill x

3 comments:

  1. Fun colours and your brayer-cleaning made a fab background - great tag! Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a vibrant tag! Great choice of colors! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous roses! Thank you for playing along this month with the Craft Stamper Blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, i love reading them and coming to visit you in return.
Gill x